Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The End/Once Upon a Time

I am borrowing this title from something that my sister wrote several months ago. She was at a place in her life where something was ending, but she was hopeful about the future...hence the Once Upon a Time phrase.

Today my nephew, Dylan left to start his new life in California with his dad.

*deep breath*

So, we are saying good-bye and "The End" to life as we once knew it. We have never known anything except Christmas, birthdays, Easter, Thanksgiving, Black Friday sales, and much more with Tonya and Dylan by our sides. I have said many times that Tonya was my partner and Dylan was Adele's. We have so many memories with them that I just can't imagine life moving forward without them, but it will. Really, there is no choice in that.

However, as I begin to sink deep into the pool of good-byes I am reminded that there is also a "Once Upon a Time" to all our stories. Dylan is starting a new life with his dad. A life that I hope and pray brings him joy, fulfillment, and peace. Oh, how I hope that for him. And we are starting our Once Upon a Time too. Even today the Lord is blessing us and showing us his enormous grace. We will be making new traditions, not because we want to mind you, but because we have to.

My sister has also started her "Once Upon a Time"... she is now in eternity and this time her story will have no end. So, thank you Tonya for reminding me that seasons and circumstances sometimes produce "ends" but that in all endings there are also beginnings.

So, today we really begin our, "Once Upon a Time....."

3 comments:

Kay said...

I will be praying for you all, Beth. I can't begin to imagine...

Nana said...

What a pretty and colorful sewing kit you have A.:) Your little sibling will treasure what you make from your heart forever!

Nana said...

Hi Beth, Haven't talked to you in so long! It must be getting close to "Baby" time:) So hope your family is all doing well!