Thursday, December 25, 2008

6:30 am Christmas at our house


We told Adele that she could get up at 6:30 am on Christmas morning.  She woke up at 6:29 am... not kidding!  The first thing she said to me was, "I just prayed that Jesus would have a good birthday today."  So sweet.  Then we got up and started the coffee and made some cheese and ham biscuits.  Then we all sat down at the kitchen table to celebrate the birth of our Savior. It was a beautiful celebration.  We have been doing Advent and so this morning was the lighting of our last candle and because it was still dark outside it was beautiful (don't worry I have pictures!).  

Then we all settled into the living room to open our gifts.  This year Adele asked for a metal detector (seriously).  We also bought her several other gifts that were a hit (you know some years you bomb).  She LOVED her new hot pink MP3 Player and pink watch.  It was cool to watch her open each gift and get so excited!


I hope that you enjoy this day and the celebration of the real reason for Christmas and God's "gift" to us... salvation.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.  Luke 2:11

2 comments:

jewel1018 said...

Merry Christmas Beth! I'm glad you had a good one! I see the tart burner I gave you in some of your pictures!!!! I hope it sent you sweet smells of Christmas! Is that the coffee table Jason made you? Love you!

bethsessoms said...

Yes, I used the tart burner and I loved it. Smelled just like I had a real tree in my house! Thank you. That is the coffee table Jason made (3 days before Christmas too). I plan on posting about it later. I miss you guys and love you too! Beth