Sunday, June 1, 2008

Great Gift Idea

OK, you know that my daughter and my best friend share a birthday.  On Adele's birthday after we got home from the Marbles Museum we were playing outside with Tess and her kids (for those of you that don't know they live in our neighborhood).  She said I have something for you at my house that I need to go get.  When she came back she handed me a journal that had "Adele" written across the front.  Tess said that for the last year she had been  journaling about all the funny things Adele has said or done.  It was so funny to read it all.  We went to eat supper and cake at my mom's for Adele's birthday that night and we read it to everyone there. We laughed and laughed at all the things she has said over the past year.  It was really a great way to end the celebration of her birth.  

So, I just wanted to say "thanks" to my friend for the journal.  It means so much to me and I will treasure it always.  I also wanted to post about it because I thought it was such a great idea that someone else might want to do it for their friend or even a grandparent (they love stuff like that).

3 comments:

Tess said...

it was my pleasure. i love to journal.

Susan Sturgill said...

What an awesome idea! I will have to share it with my friends!

Tess, you are so smart.....

:o)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great idea. She does have great material to work with. And Tess is a natural journaler. I think that is a word. That is a great treasure and great leverage for blackmail when she's older. :o)