Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1st day of 1st grade!


The 1st day of 1st grade has finally arrived! Yesterday we went for a "drop in" day.  A drop in day is where you stay for a few minutes to get to know your classmates and teacher.  We stayed for 1 hour and 30 minutes because Adele didn't want to leave.  After the last kid had come and gone I told her that we had to go.  It was cute.  

The Lord has truly blessed us this school year. Back in February we signed Adele up at FCS (Faith Christian School) and shortly after that we started praying for her "new" teacher. Well, about 3 weeks ago I found out that her kindergarten teacher from Englewood Baptist had moved to FCS and was going to be one of the 1st grade teachers.  On Friday we found out that Adele is in her class. Praise God.  I was concerned about how well Adele would transition to a new school.  She sometimes struggles with anxiety.  But, the Lord had already made provisions for her at her new school by giving her Mrs. Creech.  He is so good to us!

This morning while we were getting ready Adele asked could we go ahead and leave so we could get to school early.  We did and like a BIG girl she walked in by herself (and like a scared mama I parked my car and then went in to make sure she had found her class).  She had and was already in her seat doing her work.  I must say that I was very, very proud of her today. But, mostly I am thankful to the Lord who gave Adele comfort and joy (that is the fruit of the spirit that we are talking about this week... how appropriate) on her first day at a new school. PRAISE THE LORD OH MY SOUL!

Here are some pictures of her I took today.  She picked out this shirt to wear on the first day of school because it had a butterfly on it.  Also, she insisted on taking some "silly pose" pictures so I included those too.  Enjoy the pictures and did I say yet how proud I am of her?  


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are all so very proud of adele. we have prayed for you all. carly is dying to see adele and does not understand why adele is already in all day school
tess

jamie said...

i am so glad that adele was such a big girl. i am impressed. tell her that the batts family loved her choice in outfits and we are very proud of her for walking in by herself.

i don't blame you for walking in, Beth. i am going to walk rachel in on her first day.

Unknown said...

Just like her Mama and Daddy....keeping the faith!! Love that little girl!!! She is so sweet...sure wish she would talk a little...LOL Love ya'll!!!

Anonymous said...

As a teacher, it is always amazing to see that the children are so at ease and so excited on the first day of school and the parents are the ones that have withdrawal issues. I am very proud of Adele.

Nicholas and Miranda did the same thing. The first day was alright, but the second day, I cried. I couldn't stand that they were alright without me. I know - let go. Having said that, I would rather them have been that way, than to have them been upset. Now that would have killed me.

Its Me said...

OK I AM LITERALLY CRYING NOW! I AM SO EMOTIONAL WHEN IT COMES TO THE LORD. I HOPE I CAN BE A GOOD CHRISTIAN MOM LIKE YOU AND NEVER FAIL TO PRAY FOR TYLER AND HIS FUTURE. I AM PROUD OF ADELE TOO.

Its Me said...

I will probably be walking Tyler in for the first week. HAHA! It is hard to "let go" of our babies!

bethsessoms said...

When I picked Adele up from school (in the car line) the first thing she said was, "It was fun! I loved it!" She really enjoyed her first day. She told me all about what they did esp. that they chased a "gingerbread man" and that when they got back to their room he had left them gingerbread cookies. That was her favorite part. Praise the Lord for a great day.

Bonnie said...

So she DID get Mrs. Creech! God is good!

Shannon said...

Beth...after looking through the pics, I noticed that a couple of the children I had at First Baptist Child Care are in her class. Great pics. I am so proud of Adele. How is mommy doing?

bethsessoms said...

Shannon, I am doing fine. I do miss her and feel like I have a lot of time on my hands but I am excited for her. It is comforting to know that she loves her teacher and school. I will be glad to start back at preschool myself. Which of the kids did you have at First Baptist?

Lori said...

Congratulations Adele. I am praying for your first week.

Beth I am so glad that God has so graciously given you comfort in her familiar teacher. That picture of Adele walking down the path to her class made me feel anxious and I am not even her mama. Haha.