Friday, August 29, 2008

Just like my mom...

I picked Adele up from my mom's a few nights ago and they said come into the living room and see this big frog we caught!  And he is smart too, is what I was told!  I think he was finishing up his arithmetic when I got there.  They wanted to know if I wanted to hold him (well, of course wouldn't everyone). I declined.  

I have shared in past posts that Adele loves all kinds of creepy crawly things and so does my mom.  Whenever Adele goes over there they have all these plans about what they are going to try to catch that day.  It is hilarious and charming all at the same time.  I love that they share that. They love to sew together, bake cookies, work in the garden, chat while Adele potties (did I just write that), do lots of crafts and much more.  They really love and enjoy each other.  

I am glad that Adele and my mom have each other.  They really are "two peas in a pod" (or two frogs on a lilly pad).  I think this post started out about a frog...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adele is one cool kid. Honestly, there are so many things I love about her. One for sure is her love for creepy crawlies--picking up bugs, insects! No fears. Just don't let her AND Aidan get ahold of a frog (we know what happens then). Tess

jamie said...

i also like the fact that adele likes creepy crawlies because when i need one removed from somewhere i know who to call.



you are very lucky your mom loves to spend time with adele. not many grandparents out there are like that.

Shannon said...

Beth.....I love that Adele and her grandmother have such a wonderful relationship. It is cool that they both enjoy looking for critters together. How are you guys?

brian said...

she is too cute!
Adele is holding a frog!