Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Swimming lessons

This was Adele's 3rd year of swimming lessons. NO, the picture on the right is not from this year. That is from 3 years ago when she took swim lessons for the 1st time. That summer during swim lessons she spent most of her time crying (as displayed in the picture). It was quite the experience. I just thought I would share the picture to show just how far she has come.

Thankfully, the past 2 years she has done great and I have been extremely proud of her. My goal (for a 6 year old) was for her to be able to get to the side of the pool by herself should she accidentally fall in. Hopefully, she is comfortable enough in the water now to do that.

This year she learned more about arm movements and how to come up for breaths while swimming (impressive right). Quite a long way from the picture above! Aidan and Carly were in her swim class this year, which was very exciting to her. She enjoyed sharing it with them. On some days after class they would get to go down the slide as a reward and on the last day they "jumped" off of the diving board. Yeah! That was Adele's favorite part. Here are some pictures of the lessons and also a video that I took with my digital camera (that's right a video, I've gone high tech now!).


This video is really cute of Adele, Aidan and Carly jumping off of the diving board on the last day of swim lessons. They were so proud of themselves and so were we!

4 comments:

jamie said...

i was great video. she has come along way.

Shannon said...

Yeah for Adele, Aidan, and Carly. I found myself cheering them on as I watched the video. Where did they take lessons? I have to get Abigail in lessons next year. She loves to go to the pool but all she will do is sit on the steps and she hates to get water in her eyes. I really wish I would have done it this year but we will just have to wait till next year. Anyway, loved the video and the pics.

Its Me said...

THat is awesome. Adele has come so far! I am happy for her and I know you are proud. :)

Anonymous said...

This is good stuff. Looking at the picture of Adele screaming brings back memories of my brother's swimming lessons. That face looks so familiar. ;) Isn't it amazing how children are able to overcome their fears and mature so fast. You are going to love showing her kids these videos. They are priceless treasures.