Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July (and a sweet treat)

Adele and I were watching a friend's little girl, Abigail and we made a cute little 4th of July treat.  We had some 4th of July marshmallows and I was trying to think of a snack to make with them, to be festive and this came to mind.  I originally had this treat at my friend Emily's house a few months ago and thought it was so good!  I took some pictures of Adele and Abigail to show how much fun we had. I am going to put the recipe (it is very simple) below if any one is interested.  The red (actually pink), white and blue star marshmallows came from Walmart.  Please share any "festive" or quick and easy treat recipes that you have!


Marshmallow Crackers

You will need:  saltine crackers, peanut butter and marshmallows

Spread the peanut butter on the saltine crackers and top with your choice of marshmallows. Place on a baking pan and bake at 350 until the marshmallows start to turn brown.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hi Beth....love the pics. Abigail had a blast that day. I am going to have to use the recipe and make some with her. Listen, pray our camera shows up....we have been missing it since the 4th of July. We didn't have it the entire time we were on the youth camp or for her birthday party we had with just family on the 5th. What a bummer! Looking forward to catching up with you.